REPORTS TO: Director of Discipleship
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: To provide reliable, safe, and nurturing care for children ages 0-4 on Sunday mornings and during special events.
- Responsible for providing age-appropriate care including: feeding, changing diapers, escorting to the bathroom, maintaining a safe environment, putting children down for naps, holding, or cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play, and prayer.
- Welcome new parents and families, obtain care information for children, and provide parents with information on the nursery, pick up process, emergency procedure, etc.
- Ensure the safety of the children and communicate with the Director of Discipleship on safety needs, safety incidents during services, etc.
- Model Christian discipleship during Sunday School and Worship via provided lessons or stories.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment while children are present, including personal cleanliness, to decrease the spread of germs. Follow all posted COVID safety procedures.
- Arrive 30 minutes before service times and stay until the children are secured with a responsible adult named on the child’s registration form. Standard Sunday hours will be 9:30 am – 11:30 am.
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers.
- Straighten the room and clean any toys/beds before leaving, returning it to weekly standard
set by Director of Discipleship.
- Communicate in advance, by phone, to the Director of Discipleship: 1) any planned absences with an advance two week notice, or 2) any unplanned absences at least two hours prior to the shift.
- Report to the Director of Discipleship any issues which are hindering the carrying out of duties or responsibilities.
- Other duties as determined and assigned by the Director of Discipleship, Senior Pastor, or SPRC.
- Experience caring for children ages 0-4 years with the ability to be flexible and work with a variety of personalities.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must follow the church’s Safe Sanctuary policy, including updating training every 3 years and a current background check every 5 years.
- Consistent ability to arrive to work on time.
- A love for Christ and a passion for discipling children.
Please send resume and cover letter to SarahFHUMC@gmail.com to apply.
Sarah Wheatley, Director of Discipleship
Forest Hills UMC, 1250 Old Hickory Blvd, Brentwood, TN 37027