Ministry Administrative Assistant
STATUS: Part-time (15 hours weekly)
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
Forest Hills United Methodist Church (FHUMC) is seeking a dynamic leader to support our mission and vision:
Mission: With God’s love and guidance, we will increase hope and healing in our communities.
Vision: Through relationships and sharing stories of faith, we hope to cultivate an awareness of God’s presence in our communities, so that we can participate in God’s mission of fully bringing about the Kingdom of God here in Nashville.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Ministry Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and organizational support to the church, staff, and leadership to support the church’s mission and vision. Responsibilities fall under two major categories: (1) Manage the church office, being present during office hours (Monday – Thursday, 9 am – noon) and(2) Provide administrative support for the ministries of the church.
- Be a person of genuine Christian character who understands the role as a ministry in line with the mission and vision of the church.
- Present a positive “first face” of the church consistent with the love of Christ.
- Have the ability to interact with parishioners, guests, leadership teams, and staff in an enthusiastic manner that is helpful, courteous, and professional.
- Ensure the office runs smoothly.
- Be able to independently and proactively complete tasks and communicate to others.
- A commitment to the mission and vision of Forest Hills UMC
- Thrives in a collaborative environment with the ability to adapt
- Communicates effectively both interpersonally and corporately
- Proficient in WordPress, website management, graphic design softwares, and email and marketing systems
- Bachelor’s degree preferred along with office experience.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Malicia Wilson, SPRC Chairperson at
REPORTS TO: Discipleship Leader for Children and Youth
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: To provide reliable, safe, and nurturing care for children ages 0-4 on Sunday mornings and during special events.
- Responsible for providing age-appropriate care including: feeding, changing diapers, escorting to the bathroom, maintaining a safe environment, putting children down for naps, holding, or cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play, and prayer.
- Welcome new parents and families, obtain care information for children, and provide parents with information on the nursery, pick up process, emergency procedure, etc.
- Ensure the safety of the children and communicate with the Discipleship Leader for Children and Youth (DLCY) on safety needs, safety incidents during services, etc.
- Model Christian discipleship during Sunday School and Worship via provided lessons or stories.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment while children are present, including personal cleanliness, to decrease the spread of germs. Follow all posted COVID safety procedures.
- Arrive 15 minutes before service times and stay until the children are secured with a responsible adult named on the child’s registration form. Standard Sunday hours are 9:30 am – 12:30 am.
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers.
- Straighten the room and clean any toys/beds before leaving, returning it to weekly standard
set by DLCY.
- Communicate in advance, by phone, to the DLCY: 1) any planned absences with an advance two week notice, or 2) any unplanned absences at least two hours prior to the shift.
- Report to the DLCY any issues which are hindering the carrying out of duties or responsibilities.
- Other duties as determined and assigned by the Discipleship Leader for Children and Youth, Senior Pastor, or SPRC.
- Experience caring for children ages 0-4 years with the ability to be flexible and work with a variety of personalities.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must follow the church’s Safe Sanctuary policy, including updating training every 3 years and a current background check every 5 years.
- Consistent ability to arrive to work on time.
- A love for Christ and a passion for discipling children.
Please send resume and cover letter to Zach@foresthillsumc.org to apply.
Zach Griggs, Discipleship Leader for Children and Youth
Forest Hills UMC, 1250 Old Hickory Blvd, Brentwood, TN 37027
615-373-3131 ext. 14